Monday, March 9, 2009

So this is how it feels to be rejected

It's a sad day.

So I was coming back from school today with a cup of frozen yogurt in my hand with my favorite flavors: plain, blueberry, and pomegranate topped with mochi balls, mango, and strawberry, when I received a horrific letter in the mail.

It's funny just how one simple thing can ruin a person's whole day, but yep I got a big fat slap in the face by a rejection letter. I don't want to sound snooty but I really didn't expect one, well at least not from a Cal State. I knew there was a possibility that I would get reject from one of the higher UCs but not a Cal State. The school was San Diego State University. It was so unexpected and then I looked up the acceptance rate for that school it turned out having a 32% acceptance rate. That made me me feel a little better but it just gets me extremely worried about how the others will come out.

I still have to hear back from 6 more schools so I guess there's still hope and I will probably start receiving more letters by the end of this month. I just hope I don't get rejected. I don't know if I can handle being rejected twice. Ha ha it's funny because normally people would complain and associate rejection with dating and relationships. Which just goes to show how nonexistent my love life is. AND again I'm off topic.

Hopefully next time I can actually enjoy my Pinkberry without having my mailbox be the bearer of bad news. So I guess it's time to eat my feelings once again; Subway here I come!

2 comments:

  1. Ya, I have had one too. That's very disappointed and you know, feel like we're all alone in this strange world..

    ReplyDelete