Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The light at the end of the tunnel

Once again Prom is just around the corner and I really don't feel like spending 300 dollars in order to have fun. But the dress shopping part of the whole scenario is a different story; it's just way too tempting to say no. So far the three candidates I have for Prom are 1) a best friend who I've known since freshman year 2) a slightly annoying but super friendly guy who I've only gotten to know recently 3) and last but not least a guy who I've been interested in but is sadly a complete pothead. Tell you the truth I wouldn't want to go to Prom with any of them but what other choice do I have. I guess desperate times calls for desperate measures; I'm going to have to search for my super short-shorts which I haven't worn in years and bust out my good old conversational/flirtation skills. God I have a feeling that this is going to end badly.

It's funny actually to see people around school frantically searching for a Prom date. My friend went as far as making an announcement in front of class that she had absolutely no Prom date and would offer to pay for whoever would take her. Lets just hope that begging doesn't become a option for me as well.

Since Spring Break is just a couple days away, I decided to plan a much needed trip to San Fransisco just to get away from LA and it's oh so polluted and stuffy atmosphere. I need a change of surrounding and I think San Fransisco is the perfect place to take a much needed break.

Oh after my numerous mopey blog entries I decided that things aren't as bad as they seem. I was complaining in my earlier entries about colleges but I realized that everything isn't as bad as it seems. I'm going to a four year university with friends and family close by and if transferring becomes an option, I'm going to work my ass off for the first two years and then transfer to my dream school. I believe that being able to live in American is a blessing in itself and that unlike many other countries, it is extremely forgiving, meaning that there are always plenty of opportunities to pursue your goals even after many failed attempts.

Yay! It's time to end this on a positive note for once.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, we had a prom in our primary school (I guess it's like your junior school), but we didn't have to go with a date. I think we'll have to for our real prom, though.

    ReplyDelete